Monday, June 27, 2011

Quick Trip

CT is my sugardaddy.  He drove me and Winston up to a stream today that I have never fished.  He and Winston played in the water, and I fished.  I only took 5 or 6 flies, a spool of tippet, and my rod.  In retrospect, I should have taken atleast some gink, a strike indicator, and a camera.  I had low expectations for this stream, but probably brought 20 fish to hand and missed more.  It was a small wild stream, with lots of pocket water, and the fish seemed eager to take dries.  I used a foam bettle and a foam yellow sallie most of the time.  I also hooked a 16 inch rainbow that I fought a while and didn't land.  This must have been a stocker from way down stream, because he was much larger than the others, and i finally hooked him on the 5th time he hit me fly.  No big wild fish is going to give me that many chances.  I caught mostly rainbows, some around 10 inches.  I'll definitely be headed back up there for some more thorough fishing.

I'll leave you with a picture of CT and Winston floating the Broad River with me this past Saturday.  I took a sweet little dog too.

No comments:

Post a Comment