Thursday, December 22, 2011

Challenged

This is my chest pack, full of flies, tippet, leaders, split shot, indicators, tools, and home to the tether that holds my landing net.  This is where it hangs in my garage.  This is where it stayed all day yesterday as I fished at the Davidson.


I met my boy Matt at the fly shop, convinced him he didn't need to buy many flies at all because I tied up some trout candy the night before, and we headed to the river.  Shortly after, I realized my bag was an hour and a half away, and I was equipped with my rod, leader, a used piece of yarn indicator, and 1 size 16 boss hog stone fly.  Crap. We made the quick trip back to the shop, and I bought 3 midges, 1 egg, a superman prince, and a Bill's provider.  I ganked 3 18 inch strands of 6x flouro tippet from Matt, and we hit the water with a tiny arsenal of flies and a challenge to land some fish on them.








It rained off and on all day, and the fishing really picked up the last hour of light with the water staining up.  It was a challenge landing some of the larger fish with out a net, and a lost one over 20 inches.  Probably landed 15 or so over the course of the day, and left satisfied having only lost 2 flies and having one piece of tippet to spare.

Wesather: upper fifties, rainy, 130-200 cfs.

No comments:

Post a Comment