Monday, January 14, 2013

Yucatan. Bone, Bone, Bone...

Ascension Bay, Yucatan Peninsula Mexico

Bone Thugs in harmony always annoyed me. Wrapping about "the first of the month, so cash your checks and come one." Braggin' about welfare. The Brits call it "the dole." Now, I find myself on the dole for a family trip to the Mayan Riviera in February courtesy of my generous in-laws. Welfare and bones will come clashing together now, and I'll only have to shell out bones for a bone fish day trip since other expenses will be covered via the dole. The Bone Thugs just moved up to the top of my list.  We're relating.

I have a decision to make, and I would love any help you can offer.  I can travel to Cozumel by ferry to a relatively unsought after flats fishery and save about $150 for guide fees, or I can make the two plus hour trip south to the famed Ascension Bay. Will Cozumel have less pressure and be healthily of the radar, or is Ascension Bay on the radar cause its just plain sick and ripe for flats fishing. Right now I'm leaning towards the bay off of its rep and more professional services. But I will pay more. Anybody have any advice for me from prior experience? Hit me with it.

Google earth shots of my options below.

Cozumel flats



Ascension Bay flats

No comments:

Post a Comment